Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finally...?

I made a wise move today.

I had a very interesting chat with one of my spiritual mentors. Told her about my "dilemma" and how I felt about it. It was kinda weird because I'm not the type of person who talks about personal issues, particularly matters of the heart. I find it weird and awkward. It's also kinda ironic because I like hearing other people's stories, I love it when they entrust their situations and feelings to me. Alam mo yun, takbuhan ka?

I don't know why. Maybe it's because I feel needed all of a sudden? That's a large possibility.

Anyway, back to my story. So I was filling her up with the details of my slightly complicated story, and she had this "kilig" grin. It wasn't because kinikilig siya sa kwento ko but because it was the first time na I shared to her something like that. Again, it was a kinda different situation kasi siya yung nag-aadvise sakin. Hehe.

She prayed for me. She asked that God would help me control myself, help me in my decision-making. She also asked God to help me accept how He has planned things for me. Shinare ko nga sa kanya na I prayed the same prayer before, nung time na sobrang confused ako. I prayed for the guy. I prayed for myself. I asked God to stop the "situation" if it's not meant to be. I don't want to invest my emotions on someone whom I won't end up with naman diba?

Then I asked her, "Paano po kung ayokong mawala yung 'situation'?" She laughed at me and stared at me for a long time. She just held my hand and sat beside me.

I won't post the other advice she gave me. Akin na lang yun. Nakakahiya kasi eh. Haha. But one thing's for sure, my head's clearer now. I'm learning to accept the situation I am in little by little. Who knows? Wala na pala yung situation, akala ko lang nandun pa siya. I'm sure some of you won't understand what I mean by the "situation" going away, but yeah, there's that large possibility.

That was my dilemma earlier this week. Should I act on my emotions or should I just let things be, before it's too late and the situation's gone. Well, I have decided to remain passive and just be that good and reliable friend I usually am. Hahaha. Yuck. Ang yabang ko lang, k?

Lesson learned: Remember, God is just waiting for you to confide to Him. He already has the answers you are looking for. And opening up to much wiser and more experienced people really works! You'll be able to get clearer and more grounded advice.:)

No comments: