Friday, May 8, 2009

Oh Summer!


I haven't had a summer like this for a long time now.

Last summer, I was in Quezon City, stayed at lola amp's house, doing CWTS (Google it, 'pag di alam. Haha!). Everyday I had to wake up at around 6:30am, eat breakfast if time permits, commute to wherever abbey was meeting me (SM North, MRT, jeep station, etc) and go to the GK (Gawad Kalinga) site. We work under the harmful rays of the sun the whole day, after which I usually have "float-ation" moments with Faeska and Kem, go back to lola's, have dinner, chat at the dinner table and then have a The OC/Heroes/Any-movie Marathon 'til my eyes grow tired.

Everyday.

Last last summer, I was in Negros Occidental as part of my graduation present. Even if it was a vacation, we were always on the go because we wanted to see so many people and go to so many places. We generally stayed in Bacolod, went to Binalbagan, visiting Kabangkalan(?) also, dropped in at Iloilo, stayed in Boracay for a few days, went back to Bacolod THEN back to Manila. Even though it was tiring, I really enjoyed that summer because I was with family. Imagine not being able to spend important moments with them all because they were at a different island in the same country (different location in short)? Haha.

Sad, right?

Anyway, we had to go back to Manila a bit earlier because it was time for me to enroll since I was an incoming freshman at UP Diliman.

Last last last summer, I was studying everyday for the UPCAT. Pressured much? Haha. My parents enrolled me to Review Masters, a review center owned by a family friend here in Los Banos, where in I had a sort-of refresher course as I reviewed lessons from 1st year to 3rd year in order to prepare for the UPCAT. I also started to organize our batch yearbook (which up to now isn't finished yet). Ang hirap if you do things alone pala? Especially when working in a yearbook, you need lots of stories, lots of info from everybody. Batch effort talaga siya. Aside from that, I also got the pox! Haha. I was house-confined for about two weeks. To this day, only a few scars remain, reminding me of the itchiness and the discomfort the pox brought to me. Thank God for the shots I got as a baby!

This summer...well, I'm a bum and I'm taking advantage of the situation! Haha. Once school starts, I'll be busier than ever. Kaya ayun.

Here's some of the stuff I've done so far...

1) Made personal thank you notes and gave them away.
2) Organized a few batchmates and still working on the yearbook (AGAIN).
3) Jogged -- Haha. Few times pa lang.
4) Baked.
5) Uploaded pictures from December to March to my multiply account (Check the left panel for the link.;>) -- hundreds of them. Grabe lang.
6) Joined Marise and the gang at the Youth Jam.
7) Cleaned up my room -- grabe, if you only saw kung gano kakalat nung room especially when I brought back my dorm stuff. Heyup sa gulo!
8) Passed my dorm application form -- and chat with Kat after that.:)
9) Became more active sa youth group ng church. -- well, not really active pero malapit na. Heto na! Now na! (joke. nakerelate ka?)
10) Finished reading a few books!
11) Helped our new helper cook a new dish -- something with chicken liver and pineapples. Sawa na ako sa pinirito e!
12) Organized the DVDs and VCDs in the drawer, as well as the art stuff, school supplies, in short -- NAGLINIS.
13) Tutored Ea sa math and english for a few times now. -- Haha. Ako yata ang narereview.
14) Opened a plurk account and updated my FB. Hehe

At syempre, played Sims2! Haha. 5 generations na!:))

Productive much? Wish ko lang. Fattening kaya!:p
Ikaw, how's your summer?

No comments: